Volunteering at Damers
Volunteers from the community play an important role in supporting our children’s learning and help us provide children with a variety of different opportunities and experiences. We actively welcome volunteers at our school as we know their range of skills and experiences enhances children’s learning.
Our volunteers include:
- Members of the Governing body
- Members of the parent association
- Parents of pupils
- Local residents
- Friends of the school
The types of activities that volunteers are engaged in include:
- Hearing children read
- Working with small groups of children
- Working alongside individual children
- Accompanying school visits
- Sharing their skills/knowledge by talking to the class
- Supporting with swimming
If you would like to become a volunteer, either for a one off event or on a more regular basis follow the information in our quick guide to volunteering here. You can find the Volunteer Expression of Interest Form here.