My role here at Damers is to strengthen relationships and communication between home, school and other services. We realise that you know your children best and we welcome working in partnership with you to achieve the best learning opportunities for them. By working together in true partnership we can increase the positive outcomes for children.We believe that it is important that the wider community takes some responsibility in our children’s education and wellbeing, as when parents, schools, other agencies and community groups work together the positive outcomes increase.
I believe that we must work in partnership with parents because:
- Parents have the biggest influence on their children
- Parents are and should be the main educators of their children
- Parent involvement has a significant effect on pupil achievement
- Parents and the home environment are an important factor towards outcomes for children.
We can offer:
- Quality information and support that enables families to make positive choices
- Signpost to other agencies that will be able to offer specialist support if required
- Advice to identify barriers that families may have that prevent their children achieving their full potential
- Support networks with other parents experiencing similar difficulties
- Positive links between home and school
- Help with establishing routines, boundaries, behaviour and attendance
- A listening ear.
In school, we offer a variety of family support workshops for parents, carers and grandparents:
- Fusion – offers strategies and skills to improve positive communication within the family unit
- Family Seal – a fantastic opportunity to learn alongside your child the social emotional skills taught in school
- Incredible Years – Designed to strengthen parenting skills and confidence. Manage their children’s behaviour effectively, supporting their development, learning and self esteem.
You can find out what Workshops we are currently running by clicking the button below.
If you need to contact me, send an email to email@example.com, or catch me outside the school gates at home time! You can also phone or text me during school hours on 07387 645784.