My role here at Damers is to further support the communication between home, school and other services. We realise that you know your children best and we welcome the opportunity to work in true partnership with you to achieve the best possible outcomes for your children.
At Damers we endeavour to work in genuine partnership with parents because:
- Parents have the greatest influence on their children, both as carers and educators
- Parental involvement during a child’s formative years has a significant impact on pupil achievement
- Parents and the home play a vital role in determining a child’s success
- Provide you with valuable information and support that enables families to make positive choices
- Signpost families to other agencies that will be able to offer specialist support if required
- Advise families and help them to identify and overcome barriers that may prevent their children from achieving their full potential
- Involve parents and carers in support networks which may include other parents experiencing similar difficulties
- Enhance positive links between home and school
- Support you in establishing routines, boundaries, improved behaviour and attendance
- Or simply provide a listening ear.
We offer a variety of family support workshops for parents, carers and grandparents. These include creative workshops within the local community, Stay and Play sessions for parents and younger siblings, Therapeutic Behaviour workshops and signposting to ‘Incredible Years’ a course designed to strengthen parenting skills and confidence in managing their children’s behaviour effectively, supporting their development, learning and self esteem.
You can find out which workshops we are currently running by clicking the link below.
If you need to contact me, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or catch me outside the school gates at drop off or the end of the school day! You can also phone or text me during school hours on 07387 645784.