Damers First School PTA is open to all parents and teaching staff. It is a registered charity organised by a core committee, voted for each year, that meets every half term or so to discuss fundraising opportunities and how the money we raise can be used to benefit the school and the children. All parents are welcome to attend meetings whenever they can. Meeting dates can be found in the school newsletter each month and meetings are usually held in the school staff room.
We realise that it can be difficult to always attend meetings so in addition to our core committee, we are building a list of supportive parents willing to help out in preparing for events or at the events themselves. We really need your help to continue raising vital funds for the school and to put on fun events for the children that enrich their school experience.
Our events are always so well supported by Damers families and you help to raise thousands of pounds each year for the school. Thank you!
What does the PTA do?
We organise regular events throughout the year that we hope bring families together to build a sense of community and to celebrate our school. These events include:
- Family Easter bingo
- Movie nights for the children
- Christmas Fair with games, tombola, Father Christmas in his grotto, raffle and refreshments
- Christmas Secret Shop open to children to buy small gifts as a surprise for their family on Christmas Day
- Summer Fair which gathers together families towards the end of the school year
- Supporting school initiatives and activities
What is the money used for?
Funds raised from PTA events are invested back into the school, regularly updating playground equipment, boosting school resources and funding larger projects. The money also helps to:
- Fund weekly Golden Ticket treats
- Subsidise school trips
- Stock the library with books
- Welcome Foundation children to the school with their first book bag
- Treat Year 4 pupils when they leave school with a BBQ and personalised leavers’ book marking their time at Damers
- Buy Christmas gifts, chosen by teachers, for their class
- Fund school events such as the KS2 Summer Production, Healthy Week activities and Story Night
How can you help?
All Damers families already play a vital part in helping fundraising activities by attending our events throughout the year. Please contact us if you would like to be involved in planning or helping at events or even being one of our bakers who create yummy treats for us to sell. Or maybe you have a special skill that you think we could use or that could spark a new fundraising idea.
We are also looking for a parent or carer who works for a company who participates in ‘Match Giving’ or ‘Match Funding’. Many companies throughout the UK offer employees the chance to boost their fundraising efforts by ‘matching’ the money they raise. If your place of work offers this initiative to its employees we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to get involved please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org