Damers First School’s PTA is open to all parents and teaching staff. It is a registered charity organised by a core committee, voted for each year, that meets every half term or so to discuss fundraising opportunities and how the money we raise can be used to benefit the school and the children. All parents are welcome to attend meetings whenever they can. Meeting dates can be found in the school newsletter each month and meetings are usually held in the school staff room.
We realise that it can be difficult to always attend meetings so in addition to our core committee, we are building a list of supportive parents willing to help out in preparing for events or at the events themselves. We really need your help to continue raising vital funds for the school and to put on fun events for the children that enrich their school experience.
Our events are always so well supported by Damers families and you help us to raise thousands of pounds each year for the school. Thank you!
What does the PTA do?
We organise regular events throughout the year that we hope bring families together to build a sense of community and to celebrate our school. These events include:
- School discos every half term featuring our very own DJ Debs!
- Bingo evenings
- Christmas Fair with games, tombolas, Father Christmas in his grotto, raffle, face-painting and refreshments
- Christmas Secret Shop open to children to buy small gifts as a surprise for their family on Christmas Day!
- Spring/Summer Fete which gathers together families towards the end of the school year
It is an exciting time at Damers with the move to the new school building in Poundbury planned for Easter 2017. There will be additional events to mark the move to the new school and we will also need extra funds to make the move to the new school even more special.
What is the money used for?
Funds raised from PTA events are invested back into the school, regularly updating playground equipment and boosting school resources. The money also:
- Funds Golden Ticket treats
- Subsidises school trips
- Stocks the library with magazines
- Welcomes Foundation children to the school with their first book bag
- Provides a BBQ for Year 4 when they leave school and covers the costs of a personalised leavers’ book marking their time at Damers
- Contributes to Christmas gifts bought by teachers for their class
How can you help?
All Damers families already play a vital part in helping fundraising activities by attending our events throughout the year. If you would like to be involved in planning events or helping at events by running a stall at a Fete or selling refreshments at school discos then please let us know. Or maybe you have a special skill that you think we could use or that could spark a new fundraising idea.
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Mrs Gould and Mrs Scott are our school contact points or you can speak to one of us at school or come and have a chat at an event soon!